Read on, read on... sorry about the bad layout, from time to time the blog goes funny. Try downloading FireFox to fix any problems with viewing the site. I keep the blog to maintain memories I'm likely to forget and share them with the world. Typing stuff is also easier than writing with a pen and saves paper:) You can select which blog subject I've written under on the left, although most things will be Thoughts and Feelings or Rant (its too easy to rant about stuff)

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I dislocated my toe


Fookin' great. It's where the mouse is hovering in the photo by the way.

I've a battle this Thursday and I'm going on holiday at the weekend. And my second toe is in a splint. If that's what you call what they've done, anyway.

4 hours waiting in Accident and Emergency. It wasn't an emergency as much as it was an accident, but that's still too long to be waiting.

I had to have my foot looked at, X-rayed, relocated (ouch, although while high on laughing gas), X-rayed again then have my toe tied to another toe. "Oh, and keep it dry." Yes, Doc.

So have you ever tried lowering yourself into a hot bath with one leg? Being a man. With nuts? Shampoos and bubble baths were getting knocked down all over the bathroom by my useless excuse for a leg. Then when I needed to get out my towel was too far from the bath, meaning I had to somehow bend my corpse enough to reach. I could only spend 10 minutes in there before it all became too much. You can't even wash your hair [comfortably] like that!

Yesterday I thought forget the bath, if I tie a bag around my foot I can keep it dry and have a shower. So I did.


Forgetting that water and plastic bags don't provide good traction I nearly slipped in the shower cubicle. That would have been the end of me.

Do you know how hard it is watching every dance real good and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror reflection looking a little bit rubbish? Or turning up to training and having to watch for two hours?
To get over my uselessness I've done a few press ups instead, but still. Being out of action suuuucks!


Now, after several days I can walk on it a bit better.
My concern is that the battle looks tight. And that I can dance well enough on my foot. Or fuck the world, because I don't want this splint on over my holiday. Grr.

No comments: