Read on, read on... sorry about the bad layout, from time to time the blog goes funny. Try downloading FireFox to fix any problems with viewing the site. I keep the blog to maintain memories I'm likely to forget and share them with the world. Typing stuff is also easier than writing with a pen and saves paper:) You can select which blog subject I've written under on the left, although most things will be Thoughts and Feelings or Rant (its too easy to rant about stuff)

Monday, February 05, 2007

Shadow Shift audition

This honestly had to have been the most intense dance session I had ever done.

Obviously it wasn't a session, it was an audition, but hey, how many auditions do I turn up to?

Firstly I don't know what to say, I have mixed feelings on how it went.
The turnout turned out to be quite a few people - the studio was packed with about 40 auditionees. I knew, because I was told, that it was best to get the best view of whoever was teaching I should try and be at the front, but that was hard because it was so tight.

How each routine went varied. I'll mention names, as they'll be big stars someday and I want people to believe I knew them before they got famous!
Keiran's routine I felt was the easiest to pick up, it had a flow from one eighth to the next, in my mind it made sense.
Matt's was something different. Despite only ever really knowing his dance style and technique I found it hard. Fragments of each part of it stuck, while others chipped away.
The result was I froze when it came to performing it second time round on camera. I don't actually understand what happened, it was some devastating shit.
Damien's routine I was waiting for with baited breath, because at least doing breakdancing I'd be able to pick it up and add my own style to it. I feel I breezed through it.
Finally was the freestyle, the moment of truth to see how we'd all do put on the spot.
I was a little concerned about my uprocks, as I often am, but once I took it to the floor I was in my essence.
Get down, 6-step, custom swipes© (patent pending on whatever the move I discovered is called) linked into a chair.
It was this that I feel saved any chance I may have had as I was one of the minority of breakdancers there, and I did it exceptionally well.

What happens now? We'll find out soon.

----------
Message sent off a portable device

No comments: